Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
High Fidelity’s Marketing team is looking for a seasoned, passionate Product Marketing Manager to join its growing team. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success and achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. You take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal user base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across departments. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our users’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyer personas (users). Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas (users).
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Deliver a broad range of sales enablement and marketing assets such as product demos and pitch decks.
- Develop customer case studies and videos
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events and communication.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership to drive product roadmaps, strategy and execution.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of industry experience in marketing, specifically, experience in market research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development and campaign execution.
- Experience planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns, and the ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus, with effective project management expertise.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
High Fidelity has approximately 70 employees working in engineering, product management, and customer development. We are a close knit group focused on building a genuinely free and permissionless solution for virtual reality. We are based out of offices in downtown San Francisco, California and Seattle, Washington. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how you can make our project a success.