Senior Python Developer [Mobile Game]
Highrise is a mobile game and community that generates meaningful human connections on a massive scale. In Highrise, people can make avatars, design art and environments and meet new friends. We are building on the spirit of applications like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Minecraft, Habbo Hotel and Second Life.
5 million people create avatars, chat and make friends in Highrise.
About the Role
Are you a server-side developer with a keen interest in reliable solutions? Is Python your language? Do you want a challenging role that goes beyond backend development and includes infrastructure and operations problems?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team at Highrise!
We are looking for an experienced Backend/DevOps Engineer who will focus on backend development in Python and will be working on reliability, efficiency and scalability of our systems. As a member of our small team you will have a lot of independence and responsibilities.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As Senior Developer you will...:
- Design and maintain systems that are robust, flexible and performant
- Be responsible for building complex and take high- scale systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Develop server tools for game features and live operations
- Be one of three backend engineers on our small and fast moving team
- Work alongside our C++, Android, and iOS developers
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…:
- Have 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Be familiar with common database access patterns
- Have experience with designing systems and monitoring metrics, looking at graphs
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in english at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 3 months, you'll…:
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Contribute to the development process with new improvement ideas
- Assist other team members to work with the backend
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Architect new features on your own
- Contribute to the direction of Highrise, both in terms of product and technical
- Come up with large scale refactoring ideas to improve backend cost and performance