Paid Marketing Manager
Highrise is a mobile game and community where people make avatars, design art and environments and meet new friends. We are building on the spirit of applications like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Habbo Hotel and Second Life.
Over 3 million people create avatars, chat and make friends in Highrise. We are a fully remote team of 20 backed by YCombinator, Bessemer, Maveron and other leading investors.
About the Role
We are looking for our first paid marketing manager. You will own the entire paid marketing function at Highrise. This is our first full-time marketing role and comes with a wide variety of responsibilities: scaling our marketing infrastructure, establishing marketing best practices, selecting and testing various ad networks, and managing artists to generate high performing creatives. You'll be working closely with our CEO, product designers and artists.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Build an entire marketing infrastructure for creating, managing and tracking performance ads
- Work with a wide variety of ad technologies and publishers
- Establish processes and best practices for segmentation, targeting and creative
- Work closely with the CEO to establish ROAS and growth KPIs
- Long-term, grow the paid marketing team with full-time hires and interns
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have 3+ years experience managing UA for a successful mobile application
- Know how to craft a story with marketing while...
- Analytically assessing marketing metrics like ROI, ROAS, CPI, CPA, etc.
- Have some experience integrating ROI-focused analytics into mobile products
- Have some experience with mobile attribution analytics
- Communicate effectively with both artists and product managers
- Know how to write clearly and succinctly, as this is a fully remote position
Within 3 months you'll...
- Evaluate our marketing infrastructure and spec out improvements
- Evaluate our analytics infrastructure and spec out improvements
- Evaluate our current marketing efforts and define a roadmap for running yield-focused hypotheses
- Develop a working relationship with artists, engineers and product designers at Highrise
- Develop a deep understanding of user motivations in Highrise after conducting dozens of user interviews
Within 6 months you'll...
- Implement a sustainable, long-term marketing and analytics infrastructure
- Execute on a performance marketing roadmap that might involve paid social, paid search and influencer marketing
- Tracking ROI and ROAS on a continuous basis
- Work closely with artists and animators to develop a creative pipeline
Within 12 months you'll...
- Manage a marketing budget of $1M+/month
- Hire user acquisition analysts and interns to improve operations
- Hire artists, animators or agencies to scale marketing's creative team
- Contribute to the strategic direction and vision for the company and its products