Account Development Representative
Sales & Marketing – Account Development /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Account Development Team
We’re passionate about building a world-class sales team, as we believe that exceptionally talented people are the key to delivering a great customer experience at every turn. We provide a unique opportunity to grow by being surrounded with a team of brilliant and experienced individuals and leaders.
We are seeking a tenacious team member to join our account development team, who loves evangelizing a disruptive, new product and wants to be part of a powerhouse, growing, hard-working team.
Our team is dedicated to cultivating personal and professional development by creating a culture of transparency, creativity, innovation, passion, learning and winning.
About the Role
The Account Development Representative (ADR) is responsible for creating a strategic account penetration plan to identify and create qualified sales opportunities within target accounts for their Account Executive(s).
The ADR also manages inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunities in prospect accounts.
The ADR is responsible for conducting business dealings with C-suite level executives in a way that creates a superior experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales. This position reports to the Director of Account Development.
The ADR shall prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities, including:
- Leverage on-boarding and continuous training to be an expert about the company, industry, our platform’s benefits and features in order to effectively articulate the Highspot value proposition, while gathering information about prospect needs.
- Efficiently research to identify the right people to approach within target accounts: the members of the buying team and its key influencers.
- Strategically coordinate personalized, multi-channel, multi-threaded, outbound activities to target various buying personas and create high-value opportunities in target accounts.
- Understand the value drivers of prospects to creatively and professionally craft customized and personalized messages that offer unique perspectives specific to their economic motivators.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Update prospect interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient account management.
- Consistently achieve monthly qualified opportunity quotas to ensure revenue objective.
- Understand, as much as possible, the corporate budget, decision-making timeframe, customer goals, and key decision-makers within the prospect’s organization.
- You are competitive: You have a hunter mentality, work hard to win and have a track record of success.
- You are a leader: You go above and beyond and are proactive in seeking out new opportunities.
- You are agile and embrace change: You are not flustered easily and strive when you have to think on your feet.
- You are incredibly bright and strive to surround yourself with people that push you to be better and enable you to grow.
- You are curious to understand your surroundings: You are constantly asking questions and have a strong desire to understand the “how’s” and “why’s” of your environment.
- You are ambitious: You refuse to take no for an answer, are determined to overcome obstacles, and can self-motivate to achieve success.
- You have high-energy: You are fun, happy, optimistic and have fantastic phone skills.
- You are a motivated self-starter: You love bringing new ideas to the table and understand what it takes to build trust and follow up in a credible and timely manner.
- You are a team player: You lead by example and go above and beyond for your team and the company.
- You are looking to become part of a world-class team: You want to make an impact and become part of a team where you can grow within the company by being rewarded and recognized based on your performance.
You Have the Following Experience
- At least one year of relevant work experience.
- Experience engaging with multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with marketing and sales is a plus.
- Pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, objection handling, call structure and control, time and territory management.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable sales goals in a sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office).
- Experience with email and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus.
Base salary range: $50,000 - $55,000. On Target Earnings (OTE) range: $80,000 - $85,000, 62.50% base/37.50% variable target OTE split. Employees are eligible to receive stock options and may also receive other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.