Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Platform
India - Hyderabad
Product – Engineering /
Full time /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
Highspot is seeking a Manager, Infrastructure Platform Engineering to lead teams in Hyderabad, India. This role is ideal for an experienced Engineering Manager or DevOps/SRE Lead who is looking to bring both their individual contributor and leadership skills to bear as we invent the future of reliability and operations within Highspot’s tool-sets and processes.
Our global Infrastructure Platform teams support engineering teams by building self-service tooling along with providing guidance around best-practice configuration, architecture, automation, instrumentation, and training.
Individual Contributor Responsibilities:
- Work with a growing team of experienced developers to ensure Highspot applications are instrumented, scalable, reliable, and delightful for our customers.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews, rotating on-call, post-mortems, and project planning.
- Assist in code deployments, hotfixes, patch updates, security and compliance tasks.
- Work with peers to improve observability and monitoring to maximize reliability and minimize disruption.
- Support turnkey onboarding of new engineers as Highspot continues its rapid growth.
- Document policy and procedures.
- Have a hand in creating informative dashboards and presentations that deliver actionable insights about our infrastructure.
- You’ll develop and execute on a staffing plan that ensures our team keeps pace with Highspots growth, supports the career advancement of your team, and reflects the changing needs of our engineering group and the business at large.
- Work closely with Highspot’s recruiting team to identify, recruit, and hire top talent.
- Make Highspot a great place to write code and build solutions by evangelizing best practices for the cloud.
- Develop, own, and execute on a roadmap that addresses our immediate challenges and maps an incremental approach to longer-term reliability, automation, and instrumentation goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to do their best work. Advocate for the tools, process, and resources to enable their ongoing success.
- Reflect on past events and continuously improve the velocity of your team. Use data to highlight blockers and advocate for changes that will improve processes.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team.
- Manage vendors within your domain, including providers of cloud hosting services, production infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, etc.
A little bit about you:
- You believe that automation is the key to building humane, reliable systems.
- You're an excellent troubleshooter and gracefully-proficient on the command-line.
- You understand Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), and Release Engineering best-practices.
- You have a strong background in Cloud Infrastructure automation and maintenance (we use primarily AWS).
- You have worked with Kubernetes environments and are proficient in configuration management (we use Chef).
- You've monitored large-scale SaaS apps and understand how to instrument code for observability.
- You’ve built and supported large-scale SaaS apps and understand how to secure and scale growing infrastructure.
- You have great interpersonal communication skills and work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
- You're driven by empathy to support, learn, and guide the team to be successful.
- You’re proficient with at least two programming languages (we use a lot of Ruby).
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.