Engineering Manager, Identity
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform and deliver high-quality features in a fast-paced environment with the challenge to solve complex technical problems. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to grow our Platform team in the area of Identity and Access Management (IAM). This team supports the Enterprise-readiness of our core product and will help with the identity, authentication, authorization and licensing, and security of each.
Our ideal candidate understands how to build high-quality software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; loves building / scaling a team; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of engineers, inspiring and motivating your team to do their best work. As we continue building our Platform, this will include regularly jumping in to help with coding and design.
- Collaborate with key partners in your product area, including Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to diversity
- Bring your technical expertise to bear as you work closely with the Architects team to manage the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position your product area (and support adjacent product areas) for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Consistently deliver a product that maximizes product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Create a collaborative environment where all levels of engineers can contribute in meaningful ways
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team
- Ensure architects, stakeholders, and SMEs are appropriately involved in decisions
- Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team
- Enforce accountability through relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- 2+ years experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience in the area of Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and frameworks
- Interest in attracting and retaining engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications
Base salary range: $160,000 - $276,000. Employees are eligible to receive stock options and may also receive other forms of compensation.
The above represents the total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.