Staff / Principal Mobile Engineer - Devices
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Staff / Principal Mobile Engineer who will bring their creativity and experience to Highspot to help us build software with a spark of magic. This is a role that works closely with Product Management, Design, QA, and Backend Engineering to deliver full-featured mobile apps that sales reps love to use. The candidate should have a strong track record developing consumer iOS and/or Android apps, as well as experience with (or willingness to learn) the Flutter framework.
What You'll Do
- Focus on developing Flutter mobile apps, initially targeting iOS/Android and then expanding to Windows and Mac
- Adopt and build mobile components and frameworks that are flexible, reusable, and performant
- Rapidly create software that customers love by partnering cross-functionally with a talented team of Engineers, Designers, QA, and Product Managers
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested code in the Flutter/Dart ecosystem
- Write unit and UI tests of your code and collaborate with QA to deliver software at a high level of quality
- Use your communication skills to represent highly technical concepts to your counterparts on the Backend, Product Management, and Design teams
- Start with the customer and work backward to drive solutions from UX to service and API layers
- Take a whole-systems approach to analyze issues and implement holistic solutions by making linkages between structure, people, process, and technology
- Research and recommend frameworks and architectural/code design patterns
- Act as a spokesperson and develop prototypes to impact strategy, not just execution
- Advise on technical limitations of software design for products and provide alternative solutions
- Identify areas of improvement within the code and suggest solutions
- Report on the status of difficult or high-level projects to local tech leadership
- 10+ years of professional development experience including 5+ years building highly performant native mobile applications for iOS and/or Android apps
- Experience with Flutter/Dart preferred
- Experience building apps that work reliably across various software versions and a variety of hardware and screen sizes
- Proficiency designing apps for accessibility
- Strong understanding of UI design principles, patterns, and best practices for phones and tablets, including general principles plus Google- and Apple-specific best practices
- Strong familiarity with the consumption of RESTful APIs and user content on a mobile device
- Comfortable with modern open-source technologies and tools
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Experienced in communicating with technical leadership.
- Leader of 4-5 person projects.Great interpersonal communication skills and work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
- Driven by empathy to support, learn, and contribute to a team’s success
Base salary range: $167,826 - $252,174
Employees may also be eligible for bonuses, stock options, and other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.