QA Lead - Automation
India - Hyderabad
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
Software Quality Assurance Lead with three or more years of experience as a hands-on manager or lead QA Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, you will be a key member of the Highspot Engineering Team, driving the technical direction of our test architecture, process design and adoption, tool selection, hands-on contribution, hiring, and team building. This position focuses on the delivery of quality software via automated testing with a combination of hands-on manual testing. This position will also work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to ensure product quality extends beyond software to provide solutions that meet our customers’ business needs.
What You'll Do
- Manage and develop a strong technical QA team.
- Coordinate testing resources and ensure test delivery on time.
- Plan test efforts and maintain detailed test documentation (test plans, test cases).
- Plan E2E test coverage and elevate engineering expertise in the E2E testing space.
- Contribute to our automation framework and our automation scripts database.
- Drive quality standards and constantly improve testing processes.
- Produce reports for various quality metrics, identify trends, and propose improvements.
- Partner and collaborate with a variety of teams in the Product, UX, Support, and Services departments.
- Elevate engineering expertise in test automation tools and processes.
- Provide hands-on test support for new features.
- Find and report defects in the Jira issue tracking system.
- Understand Highspot’s customers and be an advocate for their ideal experience.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum)
- Experience testing and automating Web (SaaS and Enterprise) and Mobile apps (Android, iOS)
- Experience with industry-leading test automation tools such as Selenium, TestCafe, Cypress, WebDriver.io, and Playwright.
- Experience with Mobile test automation tools such as Appium and XCode, as well as device labs such as BrowserStack.
- Experience with creating and validating REST APIs.
- Experience in Linux/Unix command line interface and Git.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious in solving problems and achieving team and company goals.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or a related field), or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience testing SaaS software.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining test automation suites.
- 3+ years of management or lead experience.
- 2+ years of leading projects span across multiple teams.
- Bonus skills: AWS, CI/CD tools, React, SQL, Salesforce, CRM
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.