Director, Accounting and Tax Compliance
India - Hyderabad /
General & Administrative – Accounting & Finance /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Controller/Head of Accounting and Tax compliance who excels at both strategic leadership and hands-on execution. This role will collaborate closely with Highspot India's Chief Operating Officer on strategic initiatives and will shape and support the establishment of local General Administrative functions in India. You will be responsible for building the India processes and local compliance team for statutory accounting and tax compliance, including ensuring the integrity of accounting and tax records for the Indian legal entity and compliance with India tax regulations, accounting standards, and payroll regulations. Your role will be pivotal in fostering structured engagement between the Highspot India office and Highspot headquarters (“HQ”) for all General Administrative functions.
What You'll Do
- Create the strategy to build and maintain scalable and enhanced controllership processes for accurate accounting and tax records with focus on long term scalability.
- Collaborate with 3rd party services providers to gain a deep understanding of India tax regulations and compliance requirements and inform leadership of risk mitigation assessments.
- Ensure adherence to Indian tax regulations, and reporting requirements for accounting and tax matters including audit inquiries and support.
- Monitoring changes in local regulations and updating internal processes and policies accordingly
- Partner with Procurement team to create regional goals and KPIs for obtaining local vendors and service providers with focus on gaining favorable terms and conditions for Highspot
- Collaborate across General Administrative departments within the organization to gather business and financial information and standardize reporting to leadership
- Contribute to strategy, structure, and best practices for Highspot India's General Administrative function, focusing on alignment with HQ’s functions
- Contribute and execute on a mid and long term strategy for developing local compliance team
- 8+ years of experience in financial management, accounting, or related roles
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role, overseeing teams and strategic initiatives at a multinational company (Startup company experience is preferred)
- Prior experience in fostering structured engagement between local and global offices is required.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant Designation is a required
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven expertise in Indian tax regulations, accounting standards, and payroll practices.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in implementing best practices for financial operations and procurement.
- Experience in managing relationships with financial institutions, government authorities, and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Understanding of Highspot's industry and sales enablement solutions is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.