Backend Engineer II, Engagement
Vancouver, BC /
Product – Engineering /
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
As a Full stack Software Engineer at Highspot, you will work end-to-end across the full SDLC to create brand-new product features, improve backend functionality, and develop web services and RESTful APIs. Some of the technologies we use include Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, Postgres, Apache Solr & Lucene, AWS, and Chef.
What You'll Do
- Develop new product features and functionality
- Develop RESTful APIs and web services
- Develop highly available distributed services
- Create architecture and design documents
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create the best software possible
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Write clean, reusable, testable REST APIs
- Proficiency in delivering large-scale, highly distributed systems that are designed to be resilient, and easily consumable from a wide array of frontend devices
- Embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Comfortable with modern open-source technologies and tools
- 5+ years of experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
Flexible work schedules
Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
Discounted ClassPass membership
Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."