Sr. Financial Analyst - Remote
Vancouver, BC /
General & Administrative – Accounting & Finance /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About The Role
Highspot is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode. As a critical member of the finance team, you will work cross-functionally to drive success in a high-energy, rapidly growing company. You are curious, flexible, passionate, and not satisfied with easy answers. You’re able to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work to gain an understanding of the business to drive growth while enabling those around you to succeed. This is a hands-on position assisting with the continuous improvement of tools, processes, and procedures that allow Highspot to continue to rapidly scale.
What You'll Do
- Develop, maintain, and update complex financial models to support decision-making processes
- Support the annual budget, quarterly forecast, and long-term strategic planning processes.
- Own department budget-vs-actual process verifying and communicating any deviations from budget and forecasts while working to ensure continued forecast accuracy.
- Conduct financial analysis, including profitability analysis, cash flow analysis, and budget analysis
- Prepare presentations for senior management and stakeholders to communicate results and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather data, identify sources of inefficiencies, and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlight trends, and analyze the root causes of variances to deliver valuable insight and recommendations.
- Seek to simplify, streamline and automate FP&A processes and make full use of forecasting and financial system capabilities.
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support senior management and business decisions.
- Participate as a finance team representative for system upgrades, implementations, and integrations.
- 5+ years of related work experience performing financial and/or business analysis, preferably in a SaaS business.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another quantitative field.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required, including complex nested functions, lookups, pivot tables, and modeling. Experience with macros & VBA is a strong plus.
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of GAAP. Experience with ASC 606 is a plus.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal across all levels of the company.
- Experience using Adaptive Insights (our financial planning tool) or other similar enterprise financial planning tools is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and ERP systems (such as Oracle, Netsuite, Intacct, etc.) is a plus.
This position is available remote, in the following locations:
- Alberta, Canada - Remote
- British Columbia - Remote
- Ontario - Remote
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."