Senior Backend Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
Vancouver, BC /
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform, as well as deliver high-quality features in a fast paced environment with the challenge to solve complex technical problems. We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer who will bring creativity and leverage their experience as they work collaboratively with a talented team on these opportunities.
Our ideal candidate understands how to build customer-facing software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; loves mentoring junior engineers; and when given the opportunity, steps up to act as a tech lead; and is self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Develop highly-available distributed services
- Help design and develop new product features and functionality around Security and Authorization of Highspot
- Integrate Highspot with external APIs, including third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), and other partner applications
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API
- Support and expand Highspot’s Salesforce integrations
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create software that customers love
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, not including internships/co-ops
- Proficiency in building, integrating with, and supporting APIs using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- Experience with Security or Authorization features such as SSO, Login, and Oauth2 is a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."