Sr. Backend Software Engineer, Content Organization & Governance
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform, expand the surface area of integrations, deliver high-quality and timely features, and generally contend with an increasingly complex technical ecosystem.
As a member of the Content Organization and Governance team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the Highspot platform’s most-used features. Highspot customers leverage features such as spots and lists to organize their content and make it easily findable by reps, and features such as Content Approval and Spot Policy to ensure content which enters Highspot is of the highest quality. Our work has a direct impact on thousands of customer-facing teams around the globe.
On any given day you’re likely to be architecting a new REST API, analyzing MongoDB query performance, or architecting a new batch job. Our ideal candidate understands SaaS application architectures deeply, and can partner with engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver the best experience possible to our users.
What You'll Do
- Act as the technical owner for several mission-critical, customer-facing features. You’ll be responsible for estimating work, assessing system health, and supervising the execution of high-impact features (while contributing alongside).
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, and partner with our frontend engineers to ensure these APIs support their needs.
- Build, maintain, and analyze MongoDB collections which we either own fully or jointly with other teams.
- Support a fleet of batch jobs which we use to accomplish a myriad of tasks, from sending notifications, analyzing usage data, or cleaning-up unused data.
- Mentor engineers in your organization, and ensure that our technical documentation and training materials can support efficient development of our features for years to come.
- 8+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience with a focus on building and architecting RESTful web services.
- Extensive experience architecting SaaS software platforms at scale–if you’ve accomplished this with frameworks like Sinatra or Spring, that’s a bonus, but not required.
- While we value expertise in any modern language, experience using Ruby, Java or Clojure will help you hit the ground running.
- Experience with NoSQL databases–we use MongoDB, and highly value experience with that technology.
- Experience building web clients with React.js is a significant plus, but not required for this role.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals.
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP)
with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."