Sr. Product Designer
Vancouver, BC /
Product – Design /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We seek a motivated self-starter who is a brilliant problem solver, a quick study, and an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The ideal candidate possesses that rare blend of systems design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills.
In this role, you will work with members of the product design, product management, and engineering teams. This candidate should have a passion for usability, accessibility, an eye for visual consistency, pattern matching, and a knack for reducing complexity to the bare essentials. You will need to be an effective diplomat with strong communication and organization skills who is willing to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals.
What You'll Do
- Design large systems solutions that meet business, technology and user goals
- Envision a bigger picture that is not just about a feature, but the combination of features into a holistic customer experience
- Utilize customer data and information to help the broader team arrive at an informed position about the product design
- Provide mentorship to other designers (or even other peers from different disciplines) to help them improve their work
- Utilize your expert-level design skills to conceptualize and create innovative, user-centered design solutions that address complex challenges while driving product excellence
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to translate business goals and technical requirements into exceptional user experiences
- Champion the development and maintenance of design systems, design patterns, and best practices to maintain consistency, scalability, and efficiency across products
- Possess exceptional skills in UI/UX design, interaction design, visual design, and information architecture
- Strong ability to apply design thinking methodologies to identify user problems, brainstorm creative solutions, and iterate through design concepts to arrive at user-centered solutions.
- Display effective leadership skills in guiding design teams, cross-functional collaboration, and communication with stakeholders
- Expertise in creating interactive prototypes to validate and socialize design concepts
- Comfortable working through ambiguity with a design-centric approach
- Degree in human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing world-class experiences
- Demonstrable fluency with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or equivalent design tool
- Experience with UX for the cloud and/or experience with enterprise software products, channels, or marketplaces
- Experience working with agile development teams (agile/scrum/kanban)
- Web-based or mobile application visual design in a global context
- Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across large organizations
- Exceptional portfolio of work spanning multiple projects
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."