Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer - Remote
United States /
Product – Engineering /
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About The Role
We are looking for a detail-oriented and data-obsessed Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer to join our rapidly growing Product Engineering team. This person will play a pivotal role, partnering with our DevOps and Finance teams, as well as each of our feature crews, to help us scale our cloud infrastructure responsibly across all of the regions and products we support. The right candidate for this role will have deep experience delivering cloud solutions at scale paired with a passion for data analysis and collaboration. They will enjoy exploring new technologies and partnering with team members across the organization to find creative solutions for challenging problems.
What You'll Do
- Create engineering awareness and drive behavior change to make significant cost and efficiency improvements across the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of our product functionality, the cloud architecture that supports it, and the costs associated with each piece
- Partner with development and project teams to identify and prioritize optimization activities to ensure we are making the most out of our investments
- Communicate your findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to Engineering, DevOps, Finance, and leadership
- Collaborate with Engineering Teams and Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure) on the delivery of increased capacity, new products, and capabilities
- Partner regularly with key stakeholders (i.e., Finance, R&D Leaders, Engineering, etc.) on spend variance analysis and forecasting
- Participate in the creation of cost optimization models
- Implement cost and control dashboards and alerting (performance, usage, compliance, etc.)
- Partner with teams across Product Engineering to ensure cost improvement work items are well understood and scoped and prioritized on the appropriate team’s backlog
- 5+ years of experience designing and deploying cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience using tools such as CloudHealth, Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management, Redshift, Athena, Quicksight, Tableau, and PowerBI
- Experience creating cost optimization models with engineering teams that utilize cloud services
- Good understanding on Savings/Discount plans, Committed Use Discounts, Reserved Instances, chargeback reporting, show back, and spend control
- Deep analytical skills: a passion for gathering information from various sources, analyzing and presenting your recommendations to leadership to drive significant cost and process improvements
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute on competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead discussions about complex solution design tradeoffs and drive conflict resolution.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
- Certifications from AWS or Azure are a bonus.
This position is available either in-office or remote, as applicable, at the following locations:
Arizona - Remote Arkansas - RemoteCalifornia - Remote Connecticut - Remote Florida - Remote Georgia - Remote Idaho - Remote Illinois - Remote Maryland - Remote Massachusetts - Remote Michigan - RemoteMinnesota - Remote Missouri - Remote New Hampshire - RemoteNew Jersey - Remote New York - Remote North Carolina - Remote Ohio - Remote Oregon - Remote Pennsylvania - Remote Texas - Remote Utah - Remote Virginia - Remote Washington - Remote Washington - SeattleWisconsin - Remote#BI-Remote
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.