Principal Frontend Developer,Analytics
Vancouver, BC /
Product – Engineering /
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
At Highspot, you’ll join our team of enthusiastic Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers to build new data analytics features that empower our customers while keeping our trusted platform stable, reliable and scalable. We’re looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer with expertise in client-side analytics and data visualization to join our Analytics team. You will play a leading role in guiding the future of our web application by bringing deep technical expertise and excitement for tackling complex engineering challenges. You will investigate and recommend industry standards, best practices and new technologies to ensure we ship software our customers love.
Currently at Highspot
- We leverage Webpack, Jest, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, and TestCafe.
What You’ll Do
- You will work alongside a cross-functional team comprised of Engineers, a UX Designer, and a Product Manager.
- Together you’ll work to continuously deliver improvements and new data visualization features to our Analytics platform using agile development practices.
- You’ll master our development process, culture, and codebase, then work with the team to constantly improve it through mentoring, encouraging, and inspiring developers at all levels, from interns to senior developers.
- You’ll drive technical and user experience excellence with the solutions you design and the feedback you provide through peer mentorship, code reviews, and collaboration with your cross-functional team.
- Create architecture and design documents.
- 8+ yoe Proficiency in building cross-browser, highly interactive web applications using frontend web technologies such as React.js.
- You’ll leverage your data visualization expertise to build interactive analytics features to empower our customers to find new insights with their data.
- Experienced in automated testing, including unit and end-to-end testing such as Jest, Jasmine, JSUnit and Selenium.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals.
- Excellent communication skills to represent highly technical concepts.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and matching employer contributions (DPSP) with immediate vesting
-Generous Holiday Schedule + 5 Days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-Flexible work schedules
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 Volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any grounds protected by applicable human rights legislation, which may include age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disabilities, political belief, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button."