Manager, Site Reliability / DevOps, EMEA
Product – Engineering /
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
Highspot is seeking a manager and lead engineer to head our EMEA DevOps and Reliability team. This player-coach manager role is ideal for an experienced SRE or DevOps Engineer looking to bring both their individual contributor and leadership skills to bear as we invent the future of reliability and operations and grow Highspot’s global presence.
Our global DevOps and Reliability team supports engineering teams with self-service tooling, best-practice configuration and architecture, automation, instrumentation, configuration management, education, and hands-on support as a hybrid Systems / Software Engineering practice.
What You'll Do
- Work with a growing team of experienced developers to ensure Highspot applications are instrumented, scalable, reliable, and delightful for our customers.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews, rotating on-call, post-mortems, and planning.
- Be responsible for code deployments, hotfixes, patch updates, security and compliance tasks.
- Improve observability and monitoring to maximize reliability and minimize disruption.
- Develop automation and tooling to accelerate writing, testing, and delivery of code with minimal fuss.
- Facilitate Highspot’s global expansion by automating provisioning of new regional cloud data centers.
- Support turnkey onboarding of new engineers as Highspot continues its rapid growth.
- Instrument critical infrastructure so we can accurately forecast our short- and mid-term capacity requirements.
- Devise and implement policies for data retention, security, and auto-scaling.
- Build beautiful and informative dashboards that deliver actionable insights about our infrastructure.
- Make Highspot a great place to write code.
- Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Cloud Operations, you’ll develop and execute on a staffing plan that ensures our Reliability / DevOps team keeps pace with Highspot’s growth, supports the career advancement of your team, and reflects the changing needs of our engineering team and the business at large.
- As the team grows, work closely with Highspot’s recruiting team to identify, recruit, and hire top talent, upholding Highspot’s commitment to diversity and to closing the gender gap in tech.
- Develop, own, and execute on a roadmap that addresses our immediate obstacles and maps an incremental approach to longer-term reliability, automation, and instrumentation goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to do their best work. Advocate for the tools, process, and resources to enable their ongoing success.
- Apply agile practices to continuously improve the velocity of your team and remove roadblocks
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team.
- Manage vendors within your domain, including providers of cloud hosting services, production infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- You believe that automation is the key to building humane, reliable, systems.
- You're an excellent troubleshooter and gracefully-proficient on the command-line.
- You understand Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), and Release Engineering best-practices.
- You have a strong background in Cloud Infrastructure automation and maintenance (we use primarily AWS).
- You've monitored large-scale SaaS apps and understand how to instrument code for observability.
- You’ve built and supported large-scale SaaS apps and understand how to secure and scale growing infrastructure.
- You have great interpersonal communication skills and work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
- You're driven by understanding to support, learn, and guide the team to be successful.
- You’re proficient with at least two programming languages (we use a lot of Ruby and we’re particularly interested in someone who understands release engineering for Java).
- You’re an expert at Kubernetes and proficient in configuration management (we use Chef).
• Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Flexible work and holiday schedules
• Competitive compensation
• Company social events throughout the year
• Open and spacious office, based in Chancery Lane
• Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
• An environment that enables you to do your best work
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Highspot UK Candidate Privacy Notice