Academic Coach (K-12)
San Diego, California /
Openings – School Support /
Hourly Classified (Non-Contract)
High Tech High
Developed by a coalition of San Diego civic leaders and educators, High Tech High opened in September 2000 as a small public charter school with plans to serve approximately 450 students. HTH has evolved into an integrated network of sixteen charter schools serving approximately 6,350 students in grades K-12 across four campuses.
Located in San Diego County, California, High Tech High (HTH) is guided by four connected design principles—equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaborative design—that set aspirational goals and create a foundation for understanding our approach. If you are motivated by these principles, we encourage you to join our team!
HTH seeks an Academic Coach, to assist students within the classroom setting, as well as facilitate small group and individual instruction.
The Academic Coach is responsible for ensuring that students with diverse needs have access to our general education curriculum. Academic Coaches are essential to maintaining our low student-teacher ratio and ensuring all students get the individualized attention required for success. This is an in-person position, and will not be able to work remote/virtual.
● Assist with the instruction and supervision of students who may have learning differences
● Assist with tutorial activities working with an individual or group of students who may have learning differences
● Monitor student progress and provide input for evaluation and parent conference upon request
● May administer and evaluate testing of students for general placement
● May monitor classroom/instruct in the temporary absence of a teacher
● Establish rapport and meaningful relationships with referred students to assist in improving their behavior, educational performance, and social relationships
● Perform clerical support duties including typing, completing documents, forms, records, correspondence; which may include note-taking for students
The ideal candidate would possess the following competencies:
● Building relationships
● Communication, both written and oral
● Ability to evaluate alternatives
● Interpersonal skills
● Ability to listen and motivate
● Create plans and goal set
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● A minimum of 60 college credits completed
● Experience in a school/learning environment preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is an hourly position that can work variable hours up to 35 per week. This position does not qualify for benefits.
If you fit the qualifications above and are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative institution that embodies visionary leadership and embraces diversity, then High Tech High is the place for you!
To apply, visit our website, and complete an online application: https://www.hightechhigh.org/about-us/join-our-team
High Tech High provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, High Tech High complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the practice has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.