Lead Engineering Manager
Delhi / Bangalore
At Hike, the job of a Software Engineer (SDE) goes beyond just development. Engineering Managers not only provide core engineering leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimise your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimise theirs. As a Lead Engineering Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop the organisation in a deeper sense. Engineering teams work all across the company, in multiple areas areas such as information retrieval, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way. You will lead the Messaging Stack Engineering team at Hike
As the Lead Engineering Manager, you work on the full stack and own several major feature tracks. You will also be responsible for working with multiple cross functional teams such as product, design, customer intelligence, marketing, and more
- Provide leadership to a group of engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Manage and drive complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Lead teams that Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions
- You will lead teams that develop applications primarily in Java and using the Android/iOS SDK
- Optimise applications to maximise speed and scale
- Support diverse clients from mobile devices
- Manage and coach teams to write client-side code create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Engineering degree (Masters) in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience including technical management experience
- Programming experience in either Java, Objective-C or C++.Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (either Android or iOS)
- Deep technical knowledge of system level functioning of Android and iOS
- Technical knowledge of a Messaging Stack and protocols like MQTT, XMPP
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS, XML), MVP application design and complex, reactive touch based UI
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimised for embedded systems
- Specialist domains: Embedded/device systems
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including 6 years of industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of (Unix/Linux)
- Excellent coding skills in (C++, Java, Objective C or Python)Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Hike’s mission is to reimagine messaging as 1 billion people come online on mobile devices that are faster and more powerful than the first set of PC's. It is our belief that messaging will do to mobile what browser did to desktop, only 100 times over. Hike today has over 100 million users and monthly messaging volume of 40 billion and is amongst the top 5 most used services in India.