Associate Product Manager
A New Social Future 🧑🤝
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
6 Principles 💭
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 6 principles guiding our thinking:
• Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
• Bits Cheaper than Atoms:Today, bringing rich, luxurious experiences to the masses is faster, more efficient and cheaper online than it is offline.
• Self Worth Moving Online: 40% of people's waking life is now spent on their smartphones. The next generation is far more comfortable online than offline.
• Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
• New Business Models: Putting customer at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
• Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
Build Magical Things 💖
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social.
The Hike Code
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
• Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
• Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
• Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how can we better solve for our customer.
• Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
• Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
• Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
• Always be Hustling: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
• Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
If you've made it till here, you're probably still interested in the role :).
As Associate Product Manager, you will:
• Help manage the product development process conception through design, development, release and iteration along with a product owner and a team
• Leverage user research, usability studies, market research, experiments and data analysis and translate them into requirements that solve real problems for a large set of users
• Lead and support initiatives to drive user feedback/ research, acting as a ‘voice of the customer’
• Ensure that product decisions are based on strong logical rigour and in-depth analysis, and value data over opinions
Sounds Like You? 🙌🙋
• You have 1-3 years experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with stellar design taste and product instincts.
• Work experience in a startup would be a plus.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
• You have the ability to break down complex problems, identify use cases and solutions that can be reused across multiple areas.
• You are a self-starter who thinks creatively and laterally to create a product that is central to the success of the business.
• Experience with developing mobile products, technologies and platforms are strongly desired.
• You have used A/B testing and/or similar methodologies to conduct experiments to validate hypotheses.
• You are comfortable with working with good attention to detail
• You have good written and oral communication skills and a great team player
• A flat and transparent culture
• Flexible working hours - No fixed Checkin/Checkout
• Unlimited Snacks, food, and drinks on the house
• Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
• Monthly Communication Reimbursement
• Best learning and development opportunities
• A chance to have a big impact early in your career
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.