Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised close to $37M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We’re looking for an individual to join us as our VP, Legal - this is a ground floor opportunity where you can leave a big imprint. This person will be a leader within the organization, and will work closely with the top level executives at Hinge Health.
The VP, Legal will be Hinge Health’s legal point person across teams, especially for Commercial and Operations. Specifically, the individual will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts; they will maintain compliance with ongoing contractual obligations, and provide legal advice and counseling to internal teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an in-house attorney, with deep experience in drafting and negotiating contracts, and comfortable with being a trusted advisor on all legal matters. Startup experience is a plus but not a must. We are looking for an individual who can see the "big picture" but maintains attention to detail.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including customer agreements, software licenses, professional services agreements and vendor agreements
- Assist team with regulatory compliance and legal considerations for a rapidly scaling company
- Work with stakeholders across multiple functions to manage expectations, ensure sign-off on appropriate terms
- Help to develop and refine playbooks, templates and processes to enhance efficiency
- Maintain excellent investor relations and be involved in fundraising
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience working on commercial transactions
- Demonstrated expert in drafting service agreements, license agreements, data use agreements, partnerships agreements and NDAs
- Strong negotiation skills to apply to complex transactions and discussions
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk and provide concise, practical and business-focused legal advice to stakeholders across the company
- JD and California bar membership
- Previous experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of federal and state privacy laws regarding the protection of personal health information
- Experience handling privacy and data security matters in commercial contracts
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.