Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised over $51M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We are looking for a motivated, intellectually-curious clinical researcher to lead our numerous projects throughout the research life cycle, from design to final publication. Research studies will be both observational and interventional and will be published in peer-reviewed medical journals. A key part of the role would be writing and editing manuscripts in partnership with our statistician. You would also develop and maintain our research roadmap, and ensure that all projects remain on track. You’d become an expert in the latest musculoskeletal health, pain management, and digital health research (if you’re not already) and communicate important new developments to our team.
If this role appeals to you, and you hit most of the requirements below, we'd love to chat!
- Write and edit research papers for submission to peer-reviewed medical journals in partnership with in-house statistician.
- Manage all aspects of research projects, including study design, registration, IRB approval, subject recruitment, survey development, data collection, analysis, writing, editing, and journal submission.
- Design internal and external research studies, both observational and interventional, that support Hinge Health commercial, product, and clinical goals.
- Coordinate with Hinge Health clients and partners to obtain data for analyses and collaborate with them on research projects.
- Develop and maintain research roadmap to ensure ongoing publication of high quality, impactful research content.
- Manage multiple ongoing research projects.
- Develop and code surveys for data collection.
- Stay up to date with the latest research in musculoskeletal and digital health, and keep the team informed of important updates.
- Conduct literature reviews to guide research studies and internal projects.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and reports to both internal and external audiences.
- Co-author and prepare abstracts, posters, and presentations for conferences.
- Masters or PhD degree in a health-related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading research projects in academic or commercial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality, peer-reviewed research papers in a health-related field.
- Ability to design and plan scientifically rigorous clinical research studies.
- Experience with the IRB and clinical study registration processes.
- Experience with participant recruitment and management.
- Experience with the journal submission and editing process.
- Ability to synthesize clinical research and communicate ideas in oral or written form clearly and concisely to varied audiences.
- Familiarity with clinical research statistics.
- Passion for healthcare and innovation.
- Strong intellectual aptitude and curiosity.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Ideal candidates will have
- Knowledge of musculoskeletal, back pain and/or pain management fields.
- Familiarity with digital health literature and research methods.
- Familiarity with behavior change and lifestyle medicine literature.
- Experience working with health claims data.
- Familiarity with A/B testing in online environment.
- Experience with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Ability to perform basic SQL queries.
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision401K match
- Daily lunch
- Noise-cancelling headphone
- Professional Development budget
- Wellness benefit
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s growth
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.