Lead Product Designer - UX/Global
RnD – Design /
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
About the Role
The Design Team is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, and more.
Our Bengaluru design expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Lead Product Designer to join our Design & UX Team. We are seeking a hands-on designer with strong UI/UX, mockup, wireframe, prototyping, and product strategy skills.
As the Founding Designer of this team, you will be our first full-time product design hire in Bangalore. You’ll have a massive impact shaping our design team as we hire on an additional 3 designers in the subsequent 4 months. You will have the opportunity to help to define the design culture of our India office.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will be responsible for leading the definition, design, and delivery of products for our care team (medical doctors, physical therapist, health coaches, and nurses). You will set the vision, then work back to deliver value to customers. You will be in the unique position to partner with leadership in pioneering a healthcare product known for its user-friendly experience and ease of use. You’ll be collaborating with product, engineering and care teams from concept to launch. You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to promote a unified design language across all touchpoints. Additionally, you will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
Top 3 things we are looking for in our first hire:
-Comfortable with ambiguity and complex problems and a passion for building 0-1 products while staying laser-focused on the end state
-Setting the standard for visual (UI) and interaction design (UX) craft for the this new office and mentor others in their craft
-A strong communicator and facilitator who can collaborate effectively on a global level with everyone from designers to engineers to leaders. Engage with teammates with clarity, openness, and curiosity
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that turn complexities into elegant, efficient user experiences
- Be a steward of great product design by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards
- Define product vision and strategy that creates emotionally engaging and easy to use experiences. Lead the development and delivery of solutions that meet intended goals and create outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, care teams, and other designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Mentor and grow less experienced designers while evangelizing design practices and finding opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the larger company
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8-10+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography
- Experience working on complex tools people use daily to get their work done (CRM, medical records, productivity tools, etc)
- Expert understanding of visual systems and practices, including layout, iconography, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Strong facilitations skills leading groups through idea generation and decision making processes
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and helping elevate prototyping quality and utilization across your teams in the past
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Familiarity user research practices and ability translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Healthcare or Fintech experience
- Operational mindset: knowing not everything is software and sometimes process changes are the right solution
- Interview with Design Recruiter - 30-45m
- Interview with Sr. Manager, Product Design - 60m
- Portfolio Presentation - 60m
- Cross Functional Partner 1#- 60m
- Cross Functional Partner 2#- 60m
- Design Exercise - 60m
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*