Physical Therapist Consultant
Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, San Francisco
Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised over $51M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We are expanding our clinical team of Physical Therapist Consultants. We want someone who is fully committed to the mission of Hinge Health and the lifestyle changes our Health Coaches inspire, and who wants to leave an immediate mark on the team. The Physical Therapist Consultant utilizes their MSK expertise and knowledge of pain science to advise Health Coaches and assist participants in the program. They also review and screen applicants to the program and perform other duties, as needed, in the areas of coach and participant education. This position will also involve working closely with our product development team to provide clinical input into the design of program features and functionality.
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare.
- Communicate effectively - you'll be liaising via email, phone, and text with patients and the coach team.
- Patient attentive and non-judgmental - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
- Compassionate and empathetic - you're a great listener, have an impeccable character, and are a pleasure for patients to speak to.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized.
- Systems oriented You'll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with participants every day. That'll give you an incredible opportunity to see what's working and what isn't. This comes with the responsibility of being constantly inquisitive - to analyze user data and behavior, critically assess our coaching approaches, and relay your insights and feedback to the product and clinical teams.
- Independent and flexible. Our coaching approaches are constantly evolving and often highly personalized - and you'll play a key role in driving this evolution.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Knowledgeable about HIPAA and care about the privacy of our participants.
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too! :)
- Listen openly to participant challenges, get creative in adapting to their needs, and work with them toward healthy lifestyle changes, particularly increased physical activity.
- Provide clinical input to the development organization (product managers and engineers) about improving features and functionality.
- Help to manage and improve internal clinical support processes.
- Actively collaborate with Health Coaches and participants to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices.
- Stay up-to-date on best practice guidelines for musculoskeletal health and chronic pain management.
- Be proactive in adding value to the organization -- your opinion is valued from day 1, and we love fresh eyes!
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
- 2+ years working as a physical therapist
- Utilizes pain neuroscience education in clinical practice to address chronic pain and encourage movement
- Experience with software or other technology development
- Licensed to practice physical therapy by the State of California
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Experience in telehealth
- Familiarity or certification with motivational interviewing techniques
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- Company lunch
- Flexible vacation policy
- Professional development stipend annually
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
- Chance to join in a leadership role and work on a very meaningful problem
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.