Principal Product Designer (Remote)
Ohio; Louisiana; South Carolina; Utah; Tennessee; Arizona; Indiana /
RnD – Design /
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About the Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
Come join us: https://www.hingehealth.design/
As a Principal Product Designer at Hinge Health you will lead the definition, design, and delivery of the most advanced, impactful, and ambiguous challenges at Hinge Health. Defining customer experience strategy with partners that span multiple products and departments (clinical, sales, ops). You will be in the unique position to partner with leadership in pioneering a healthcare product known for its user-friendly experience and ease of use. You’ll be collaborating with product, engineering and care teams from concept to launch. You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to promote a unified design language across all touchpoints. Additionally, you will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that turn complexities into elegant customer experiences that shape the future of offerings at Hinge Health
- Be a steward of great product design by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards
- Define product vision and strategy that creates emotionally engaging and easy to use experiences.
- Lead the development and delivery of solutions that meet and sometimes define business goals
- Collaborate with across R&D, clinical program development, operations, sales, and business operations to launch new offerings and shape solutions
- Mentor and provide creative direction to less experienced designers while evangelizing design practices and finding opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the company.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Expert understanding of visual systems and practices, including layout, iconography, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience leading large scale redesigns or net new products.
- Experience working on complex tools people use daily to get their work done (CRM, medical records, productivity tools, etc) or mobile products.
- Expert in creating interface architecture & systems for other designers to work within.
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Strong facilitations skills leading groups through idea generation and decision making processes
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and helping elevate prototyping quality and utilization across your teams in the past
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Familiarity user research practices and ability translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
The range of base salary for the position is between $124,600 - $226,300, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.