Staff Software Engineer - Backend (Architect)
RnD – Engineering /
Regular Full-time /
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help lead Growth Data Platform initiatives here at Hinge Health in Bengaluru with at least 10+ years of relevant experience. This person will work closely with MarTech, Growth Marketing, and Enrollment Marketing teams to design & develop at scale with quality & compliance. We are looking for someone who both gets their hands dirty and has a track record of building production quality healthcare platform services on AWS and also a track record of automating AWS infrastructure & coaching teams to leverage AWS services in a cost effective way. Staff software engineers collaborate with multiple pods in their neighborhood to tackle the hardest features in a sprint and deliver foundational architecture improvements in small, safe patches. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team.
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Node.js, Typescript, NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, AWS, Postgres, Redis, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Streamline the CI/CD process for Hinge Health applications
- Lead the design and architecture of large-scale platform projects
- Scope and schedule of platform projects are consistently accurate, due to rigorous de-risking and thoughtful planning
- High and widespread confidence to make changes, based on alignment around well-defined principles (cf 12 factor) and clear visualizations (of both present and future states)
- Achieve 99.99% uptime across several doublings of scale and tens of thousands of daily changes
- Act as mentor and advisor to team members, along with making design decisions, overseeing the entire development process and putting in place the required governance model
- Every day, you’ll work collaboratively with your teammates to support our mission
- Every sprint, you’ll share your domain expertise with your teammates
- Every month, you’ll tackle your team’s hardest problems
- Every quarter, you’ll identify, propose and execute a significant upgrade or innovative change to your team’s workflow or tooling
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with AWS ecosystem, and enabling teams to develop and deploy applications leveraging AWS services in cost effective ways with infrastructure automation & streamlined CI/CD. Expertise in building & deploying Kubernetes based software systems is a must
- Hands-on web application development with expertise in handling large & complex client-server architectures
- Expertise with Healthcare Data, and building healthcare compliant (HIPAA) services & data lakes with a focus on building platform services, data modeling, data integration, master and metadata management along with life cycle management
- Distributed Architecture, with deep exposure to API design & versioning, domain-driven design, event-driven systems, and microservices
- High Availability Systems, with strong point of view about telemetry, self-healing systems, buffers and queues, idempotency, disposability, and multi-tenancy
- Problem Solving with ability to break down large scale projects into loosely coupled subsystems or strategically sequenced milestones. Designs cost-effective solutions, innovates with rapid spikes
- Experience with Agile techniques and tooling for rapid prototyping and experimentation
- Experience with Iterable or other customer messaging/marketing platforms
- Experience with technologies such as: Nestjs, Apache Kafka, BullMQ, Garden.io
- Expertise in low-latency, highly resilient client-server architecture, including graceful degradation of features in low- or no-bandwidth modes
- Expertise in React ecosystem, Node.js, Python
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*