Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised close to $37M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to manage and scale our growing data assets while maintaining a high level of integrity and precision.
Our ideal candidate has an extensive understanding of how data is used for both business analysis and data science. You will work with a wide variety of data sources and storage systems to enable R&D, commercial, and clinical teams to solve problems.
Our tech stack: AWS, Aptible, Postgres, Redis, Rails, Python, Airflow, Mode Analytics, Android, React, and React Native.
- Maintain our current ETL-lite while scaling it for the future
- Create and maintain views and expand use of rollup tables
- Identify opportunities to improve the integrity of our datasets and implement the fixes
- Assist in building out our payments platform for managing medical claims
- Help explore options for delivering data to clients, including possible API access
- Inform our 2020 objectives and key results around scaling and data needs
- Bachelor’s degree in C.S. or comparable degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in data engineering
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Python: using community-standards, linting, and testing at all appropriate levels.
- SQL: comfort with joins, unions, views, rollups, windowing functions, testing
- JSON parsing and fluency with RESTful APIs
- Operational competency with cloud-hosted systems such as AWS, Aptible, or Heroku
- Ability to correlate data across multiple sources: RDBs, csv, json
- Understands how to write efficient code and can optimize existing software and queries
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA requirements)
- Experience developing software in Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of user experience principles
- History of technical writing
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.