Director Product Design - Member Journey
San Francisco /
RnD – Design /
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the United States.
About the Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
Come join us. https://www.hingehealth.design/
The Director of Product Design for Member Journey is a senior leadership role within the growing Hinge Health Design & UX org. This role will lead the teams responsible for our product funnel. This includes new product offerings which expand our ability to serve members, through Growth, Enrollment, Onboarding, and into Retention.
This role is responsible for working with teams to iterate quickly on product experiments and pilots and should be well versed in using data to help their teams identify opportunities for UX improvements. The Director of Product Design, should be passionate about coaching designers and growing individual contributors. Additionally, this leader will build out a growing team.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Lead our design team responsible for our growth, enrollment, onboarding, and retention metrics while using data to help the team uncover new opportunities and focus their work
- You will partner closely with senior leaders of product, engineering, visual design, ux research, and clinical teams to cultivate new UX and technological innovation.
- Innovate and build inclusive product experiences that caters to all communities to improve user engagement, outcomes, and retention by developing and shipping compelling consumer product experiences.
- Hire and develop a diverse array of designers at scale to drive the best practices and methodology in an inclusive and psychologically safe environment.
- You will thoughtfully scale and foster a growing community of HH Product Designers and implement meaningful mechanisms & systems to help the team thrive.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8-12+ years of UX experience
- 7-10+ years of managing UX/product design teams
- Proven experience managing other product design managers
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design.
- Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience that raises the bar.
- Solid history in leading UX, UI, HCI, product design and/or service design for consumer and/or enterprise native mobile and/or web-served apps
- Experience in app redesign and rebranding; planning and developing design systems, and extending them to scale products in new and bold directions.
- Ability to provide strong influence and impact on product direction by being a thoughtful, proactive partner with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent understanding user empathy and how to creatively solve for ambiguous challenges
- Masterful time management, organizational skills and executional ability.
- Forge relationships with cross-functional partners by building trust among internal partners and driving influence in decision-making across the teams
- Stong, committed, nurturing leader with proven experience scaling teams with high quality results, low attrition, and thriving team members
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals and stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
$232,000 - $348,000 a year
The range of base salary for the position is between $232,000 - $348,000, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.