Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered digital hospital, starting with musculoskeletal health. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 200+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices
We are looking for a motivated, intellectually-curious physician with strong musculoskeletal expertise to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Director will oversee a variety of projects across clinical, commercial, research and product domains. First and foremost, you will give frequent presentations to both clinical and commercial audiences nationwide. In addition, you will provide clinical input into our product development and will work closely with our team of physical therapists and health coaches to help users with musculoskeletal pain avoid unnecessary surgeries. You will also have the opportunity to participate in multiple ongoing clinical research projects and help develop the company’s long-term clinical strategy.
If this role appeals to you, and you hit most of the requirements below, we'd love to chat!
- Give presentations about musculoskeletal health and the Hinge Health program to clinical and non-clinical audiences at conferences, sales meetings, partnership discussions, webinars, etc.
- Support commercial, product and coaching teams by addressing ongoing clinical questions.
- Perform telehealth visits with Hinge Health users with chronic musculoskeletal conditions who are at high risk for surgery.
- Provide clinical input into sales and marketing materials.
- Provide clinical input into Hinge Health product development, including exercise programs, educational content, survey measures, screening tools and other features and functionality.
- Conduct literature reviews to guide research and commercial projects.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in musculoskeletal medicine, pain management, and digital health
- Develop internal protocols for managing clinical escalations.
- Work with company leadership to shape the company’s long-term clinical vision and strategy.
- Assist with designing clinical research studies and reviewing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals (opportunities for paper authorship available).
- Assist with clinical training for the coach organization.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- MD or DO with residency and/or fellowship training in a field related to musculoskeletal or pain medicine (e.g. sports medicine, pain medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation, orthopaedic surgery; family, emergency or internal medicine with significant musculoskeletal experience).
- Active medical license with no restrictions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Strong intellectual aptitude and curiosity.
- Passion for healthcare and innovation.
- Interest and experience utilizing the biopsychosocial care model.
- Capable of delivering high quality work on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to synthesize clinical research and communicate ideas in oral or written form clearly and concisely to varied audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Board certification in a field related to musculoskeletal or pain medicine (e.g. sports medicine, pain medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation, orthopaedic surgery)
- >2 years of post-residency clinical practice experience.
- Willingness to travel nationally for conferences and client meetings.
- Background in technology, product design or innovation.
- Experience working with healthcare data (e.g. claims, EHR, outcomes data) and driving decisions with analytics.
- Understanding of the healthcare business landscape, including self-insured employers, consultants, payers, providers, etc.
- Familiarity with digital health and relevant literature.
- Familiarity with behavior change and lifestyle medicine.
- Knowledge of regulatory approval processes (e.g. FDA, CMS).
- Clinical research skills, including writing for peer-reviewed journals and basic statistical analysis.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- Mental health benefit
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.