Revenue Cycle Management Associate
Join Hinge Health, a rapidly growing VC-backed San Francisco digital health startup. Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised close to $51M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
We’re looking for an ambitious individual to support our revenue cycle function - from submitting claims to collecting cash. This person will be instrumental in ensuring that we are reimbursed accurately and timely, implementing policies and procedures that decrease our time to cash, working cross-functionally to set-up new client billing, and helping RCM scale through automation.
We are looking for someone with a background in healthcare provider revenue cycle - specifically, we need someone who understands the mechanics/complexity of medical claim billing, payer denials, and RCM KPI reporting. We are looking for an individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves and own the day to day RCM responsibilities but also work cross-functionally to automate and improve every detail of our revenue cycle. Finance and accounting experience is a plus but not required.
- Own general claim billing practices from pre-submission to post-submission
- Use the Company’s clearinghouse to correct claim rejections, verify user eligibility, and re-submit claims accordingly
- Work with payers to resolve any claim denials or underpayments
- Follow-up with payers on claims outstanding over 30 days and ensure they are paid accurately and timely
- Work cross-functionally with the Engineering team to help automate billing processes
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Customer Success team to ensure we are able to bill our new clients and obtain remittances
- Identify areas of improvement in the Company’s revenue cycle
- Improve revenue cycle processes including pre-submission, claim submission, claim denial resolution, etc.
- Build out weekly reporting for revenue cycle KPIs - including but not limited to: claim denials, claim write-offs, etc.
- Manage any new payer enrollments needed in order to be able to submit claims, obtain remits via the Company’s clearinghouse, and receive EFT payments
- Perform monthly bank and claim reconciliation
- 2 years of experience in healthcare provider revenue cycle
- Knowledge of revenue cycle management (RCM)
- BA/BS degree
- Advanced Excel skills
- Persistence when working/communicating with healthcare payers
- Experience working cross-functionally with different teams
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working in a healthcare startup
- Experience consulting healthcare providers’ revenue cycles
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle