Engineering Manager (Applications)
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered digital hospital, starting with musculoskeletal health. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 200+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We're growing fast and looking for an experienced, mission-driven engineering manager to help us scale with ferocious grace.
As an Engineering Manager focused on Applications, you will support a team of engineers building the world's most effective treatment for chronic pain.
Your team members will be working with React/React Native, Typescript, Redux, GraphQL, and Rails. The team, on occasion, will have the opportunity to dabble in Python, Android, AWS, Aptible, Postgres, Redis. You will have the opportunity to delve into the code, but your priorities will be to your reports and to the engineering organization.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers through day-to-day challenges and guiding them towards long term professional and technical growth
- Motivating engineers and ensuring high performance through constant feedback and identifying areas of improvement
- Developing robust, effective plans addressing various technical and resource challenges within the organization
- Leading organizational initiatives on improving workflow processes and resolving them with practical, lightweight, measurable process
- Scaling the team with a strong focus on experience, technical proficiency, and diversity
- 1-2 years of experience leading and managing a team of software developers
- 5+ years experience building software applications, bonus for strong frontend and mobile experience
- Desire to learn, grow and develop as the company grows
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle