San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the role
Hipcamp is looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about building and scaling exceptional consumer products through rapid periods of growth. You will be at the forefront of this growth, joining the Hipcamp team as our second product designer, where you will lead design efforts on the Host side of our two sided marketplace. You will report directly to our Head of Design, Julian Bialowas. You will execute every step of the design process, from taking lead on the initial brainstorming of broad ideas, to working with engineering through feature development to ensuring design quality after release.
Hello, fellow designer! We’re so happy you’re here. We’ve heard a lot of great things about you:
You’re empathetic and kind to others. You’re not afraid to ask for help and know how to provide and receive constructive feedback. EQ is important to you.
You’re passionate about designing exceptional products. You’re used to managing multiple projects with ease. You know how, and when, to adapt and make trade-offs through the design and development process. Your design specs make engineers smile. You take pride in your design's attention to detail, but know done is better than perfect.
You download new apps for the sole purpose of experiencing their onboarding flows. You always find yourself trying to identify fonts on menus (much to your friends dismay). You know the difference between an em dash and en dash (and point out when the wrong one is used).
What skills we ask for
- +3 years of experience working in UX, UI.
- Experience designing consumer products (Two sided marketplaces are a plus!)
- Experience in building responsive design systems (iOS, Android, mWeb, Desktop)
- Highly proficient with design tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.)
- Highly proficient with prototyping and collaboration tools (Zeplin, Invision, etc.)
- Excited about working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Always design thinking.
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.