San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the Role
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add Market Managers to the team who are obsessed with building meaningful relationships and attracting the best possible hosts to join the Hipcamp platform.
In this role, you will acquire, onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of Hipcamp Hosts in your region. You’ll be responsible for ensuring your markets have relevant, attractive and competitive listings for Hipcamp’s customers. You will have freedom and ownership to design, execute and adjust the strategies needed to both grow and drive improvements within the performance of your markets.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to work hands-on driving innovative initiatives for on-boarding and acquiring hosts to Hipcamp. You’ll build strong relationships and became a champion for Hipcamp and our hosts. You’re someone that has worked in Sales, Account Management or similar roles before, and you developed a foundation of competencies.
You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with different types of people. You're a quick learner, and you're fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. You’re results focused and are motivated by reaching aggressive goals. You’re a team player that leaves ego at the door and enjoys building collaborative cross-functional relationship centered around helping your team succeed together.
What you'll get to do
- Create and implement strategies to ensure your Host partners are successful and engaged in Hipcamp's marketplace
- Achieve booking, GMV and availability goals, owning the overall performance and success of your markets
- Develop a meaningful understanding of your markets and market dynamics (seasonality, demand patterns, pricing, Host personas, camping expectations, points of interest, etc)
- Grow the number of Hosts in your region by introducing prospective partners to the Hipcamp marketplace and facilitating their onboarding and activation
- Ensure that Host listings (content, rates, and availability) are optimized to maximize Hipcamp customer conversion and customer satisfaction
- Secure additional inventory and availability over high demand and peak season periods
- Partner with Marketing, Support, Product, BizOps and the greater supply team to continue to create a healthy marketplace
What skills we ask for
- 2+ years of Sales and/or Account Management experience: you’ve developed and honed sales strategies, learned from failure and have a track record of results
- Ability to effectively communicate across diverse demographics and through a variety of communication channels including, email, phone, and text
- Ability to analyze Hosts performance, identify opportunities and execute meaningful action plans based on the data
- Strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.