Business Operations Analyst
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the Role:
In this role, you will increase and retain the number of high quality Hosts on Hipcamp by driving the systems and processes that help improve their performance. You will be responsible for characterizing the health of our host community with data, and investing in existing and piloting new programs that enable them to be even more successful. You’re not only highly analytical, creative, and collaborative, but also hands-on and able to drive change quickly.
What Success Looks Like
- You’re accurate, systematic, and methodical, but you execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re highly data-driven and comfortable partnering with analytics to measure impact.
- You can drive implementation of new programs, processes, and systems, while constantly thinking of ways to automate them.
- You’re a multi-tasking, project-managing, high-horsepower contributor.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 2+ years experience working in analytics and operations roles that are fast-paced, analytical, ambiguous, and execution-focused.
- Excellent analytical instincts. You’re hands on with data and effectively use data in decision-making.
- Proven track record of executing on complex projects.
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level tactical needs.
- Proficiency in, or excitement to learn, BI tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker, Tableau), Excel, Google Suite, Asana. SQL knowledge is a bonus!
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team.
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.