San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp is looking for an Operations Associate to join our growing team in San Francisco. This person will run the daily operations of our office, assist our Director of Finance and Operations with various Operations and Finance projects, and provide administrative support to our staff to ensure all daily procedures run smoothly. We love our office and culture and are seeking a teammate who will be at the heart of this helping us promote a clean, open, inclusive, healthy, welcoming, and productive environment that upholds our values and supports our employees’ needs.
This role is a great fit for someone who has experience in a start-up environment or who has wanted to work at a startup and be at the center of where it all happens, as well as someone who has an interest in growing more into accounting and business operations overtime.
You will thrive in this role if you’re someone who can catch the most fine tuned details that are easy to miss, while being able to also take a step back to see the forest from the trees. We’re looking for someone with excellent organization skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Scrappiness and the ability to pivot to go with the flow is also a must in this role!
Your day to day
- Greeting guests, managing office vendors, and office supplies
- Manage incoming packages and mail - sort and distribute, manage outgoing packages and mail coordination
- Managing the relationship with third parties to coordinate all things office related: office supplies, furniture/desk setup, maintenance, and repairs & office cleanliness
- Food & drink (snacks & team meals) including managing vendors, ordering, receiving, setting up, creating processes and organizing
- Plants, office vibe, and decor management
- Office equipment and supplies management and upkeep
- Prepping office for any internal events including setup, cleanup, and food ordering
- Manage Accounts Payable
- Receive & process invoices from vendors (ensuring amounts match quoted prices, resolving discrepancies & coding appropriately). Respond to vendor inquiries as needed
- Handle expense reimbursements and process
- Perform weekly payment runs; prepare payments (checks, online, etc.)
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and work with accounting on required journal entries
- Perform year-end reporting
- Assist in annual 1099 forms
- Assist in internal and external audits as needed
- Assist Accounting and FP&A in Financial Close activities
- Fill out monthly accounting actuals in budgeting spreadsheets
- Assist in Tax preparation with the Head of Finance and HR
- Assist in insurance renewal process
- Manage Hipcamp Donation process with Support and Marketing
- Handling IT fires and immediate needs. Beginning the escalation path if necessary
- Assisting in execution of team campouts and onsite hangouts
What skills we ask for
- An organized person - you will need to be able to keep the workspace organized and happy while juggling various requests and rotating daily tasks
- Being detail oriented is critical - you will wear many hats and manage many different tasks in this role
- “No job is too small” attitude - you’ll be unpacking, opening, setting up, breaking down, and all kinds of things in-between. You will also be thinking strategically and working to improve processes
- Natural ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Someone who wants to contribute to our culture - we welcome new ideas, autonomy and someone who always wants to leave things better
- Willingness to learn new things
- Willing to pivot within the role as business needs change
- Someone that will have a positive attitude and uphold our company values
- Experience using G Suite products
- Experience using Excel and a willingness to improve your excel skills
- Excellent time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in growing, learning and taking on more Finance and Operations responsibilities over-time
- Preferred: Experience working with an accounting or accounts payable software
- Preferred: A basic+ knowledge of accounting practices and processes
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission St, between 5th & 6th Street, right next to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.