Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing team in San Francisco! This is a broad role that will contribute to the site front-end, back-end and upcoming mobile apps.
To learn all about what Hipcamp Engineering is like click here.
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are deeply passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
At Hipcamp, we believe programming is a practice, like yoga or surfing. It is a skill that can be eternally improved, an art form so infinitely complex that it cannot be mastered. We encourage team members to continue learning and exploring their curiosities. We like to deploy features early and often, learning as much as we can in the process. The foundation of our blameless culture is trust in our engineers.
What you will get to do
- Collaborate with the product team to design and spec out new features
- Build these features
- Review other engineers code to collaborate and occasionally pair program
What skills we ask for
- Experience working on a consumer web app at scale
- Deep experience with web app frameworks (Ruby on Rails strongly pref)
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres pref) and NoSQL data stores (Redis and ElasticSearch pref)
- Experience or exposure to React Native, React, Redux and Webpack
Working at Hipcamp
- As a team, we're committed to striving toward and evolving these shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.