Manager, Host Onboarding
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping, glamping, and RVing. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
As the Hipcamp Operations team, it’s our mission to expand the Hipcamp community, and to support it with programs and processes that create the best possible experiences for Hosts and Hipcampers.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for growing and account managing the Hipcamp Host Community in your geographic region through daily engagement with private landowners and Hosts. Hosts are at the core of our community, and helping more landowners discover and sign up for Hipcamp is your mission.
In this role you will identify and onboard landowners in your region, owning a pipeline of hundreds of leads per week and accelerating the lifecycle from lead to Hipcamp Host. You will be responsible for reaching out to and onboarding new Hosts, identifying opportunities to add properties in specific areas, and reaching out to both commenced and potential Hosts to educate them on Hipcamp, help onboard them onto the platform, and ensure they are set up for success.
What Success Looks Like
- You grow the Host Community in your region by introducing prospective partners to the Hipcamp platform and facilitating their onboarding.
- You are comfortable with and excited about a high volume role because you know that the more people you talk to, the more Hosts will join the Hipcamp Community. You approach every conversation as an opportunity to get to know someone.
- You use data to understand the types of Hipcamp Hosts who perform best in your region so you can bring more of them onto the platform and into the Hipcamp Community, and so that you can work with the Hosts in your region to ensure their success.
- You use data to create and execute workflows that enable you to share your learnings with the rest of the Hipcamp Team, sharing information on and feedback from the Host Community in your region meticulously and regularly.
- You develop a meaningful understanding of your markets and market dynamics (seasonality, demand patterns, pricing, Host personas, points of interest, etc.).
- You ensure that Host listings (content, rates, and availability) are optimized to maximize Hipcamp customer conversion and provide great experiences.
- You work with Hosts to secure additional inventory and availability to prepare for high demand and peak season periods.
- You're methodical and accurate, but you execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. No task is too small for you as you’re solely focused on growing a thriving Host community in your region. When you see an opportunity, you go for it.
- You know that your, and the company’s, success is tied to operating in a highly-collaborative way. You partner with others in the Ops org, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams in order to coordinate, execute, and learn faster. You know that we’re stronger working together as a team.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 1+ years of Sales and/or Account Management experience or at least 1 cycle of campaign organizing experience.
- You bring energy and hustle to your roles, and don’t limit yourself to “how things have always been done”. You carve new paths to prove that there’s a better way.
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level tactical needs.
- You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with different types of people.
- Ability to analyze Hosts performance, identify opportunities and execute meaningful action plans based on the data.
- Strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate across diverse demographics and through a variety of communication channels including, email, phone, in person, and text.
- Familiarity with CRMs or a willingness to learn.
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker), Excel, Asana, Google Suite.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team.
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.