Hipcamp is looking for a strategic, analytical, and action-oriented Growth Marketer to join our distributed team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years in Marketing or Growth and has experience creating lifecycle and marketing campaigns that drive acquisition and retention in a two-sided marketplace. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s Marketing mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the Role
In this role, you will shape and execute on growth marketing strategies and tactics that help Hipcamp scale in new and existing markets. You will be responsible for defining and executing on omni-channel marketing campaigns that drive acquisition and retention of Hosts and Hipcampers. You'll work closely with peers in our Product and Marketing teams, and cross-functionally with our Design, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver the content and experiences that drive the core growth engine of our business.
What Success Looks Like
- You create and execute on the strategies, tactics, and metrics that drive growth on both sides of the marketplace
- You partner with Operations and Analytics to identify, understand, and acquire Hosts and Hipcampers in key markets.
- You create, optimize, and iterate on campaigns across lifecycle, paid, and organic channels to drive adoption.
- You inspire your audience towards action with clear value propositions and creative.
- You create data-driven frameworks and systems to define and communicate priorities.
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment, and iterate quickly.
- You are scrappy and maintain a strong bias towards action.
- You do what it takes to go from 0-100.
What Sets You Up For Success
- Proficiency in paid marketing channels (facebook, google, etc.)
- Proficiency in lifecycle and email marketing channels
- Experience in driving organic growth (PR and/or SEO)
- Proficiency with rapid hypothesis-driven experimentation and analysis
- Proficiency in marketing analytics, SQL, and analytics tools (Amplitude, GA, etc.)
- Experience developing and testing value propositions and creative
- Experience using CRM platforms like Iterable or Braze is preferred
- Bonus points for familiarity with python or other scripting languages
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Passion for our mission
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.