Associate Market Manager
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the Role
The Market Management Team powers Hipcamp’s mission to get more people outside by connecting private landowners with people who are looking for new and unique places to stay, camp and recreate in the outdoors. We’re looking for the right person to join our Team -- someone who is hardworking, results-driven and passionate about growing our Hipcamp Host Community and opening up new places where folks can #findthemselvesoutside. In this role, you will take on the critical responsibility of acquiring and managing high quality Hosts across regional markets in the United States. These secondary markets are rapidly developing and you’ll play an active role growing them faster. Every day, you’ll be responsible for working through a high volume of leads, initiating calls, and sending email and text messages to potential Hosts.
We’re looking for someone that is excited to work hands-on driving innovative initiatives for onboarding and acquiring hosts to Hipcamp. You’ll build strong relationships and became a champion for Hipcamp and our Hosts. You’re someone that has developed Sales, Account Management and communication competencies and are excited to apply them in a fast paced startup environment that will challenge you to learn and grow faster.
You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with different types of people. You're a quick learner, and you're fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. You’re results focused and are motivated by reaching aggressive goals. You’re a team player that leaves ego at the door and enjoys building collaborative cross-functional relationship centered around helping your team succeed together.
What you'll get to do
- Identify quality sales opportunities and grow new markets, securing additional inventory and availability over high demand and peak season periods.
- Grow our Host Community by engaging landowners, evangelizing the benefits of sharing your land, and getting folks excited about joining the Hipcamp community.
- Ensure that Host listings (content, rates, and availability) are optimized to maximize Hipcamp customer conversion and satisfaction.
- Ideate, test and develop scalable acquisition strategies and optimize existing strategies for developing markets.
- Update and maintain activity in Close.io (CRM)
- Partner with Marketing, Support, Product, BizOps and the greater Supply Team to create a healthy marketplace
What skills we ask for
- 1+ years of Sales, Account Management, Success or similar experience: you’ve developed and honed sales strategies, learned from failure and have a track record of results
- Ability to effectively communicate across diverse demographics and through a variety of communication channels including, email, phone, and text
- Ability to analyze Hosts performance, identify opportunities and execute meaningful action plans based on the data
- Strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals
- Creative problem solving skills, and someone who is always looking for better ways to drive results
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission Street, close to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.