San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp is looking for a Host Outreach SDR to join our growing team and work in our San Francisco office or remotely.
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are crazy passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
This role will make a massive impact on Hipcamp, because the work you do will grow Hipcamp across the United States, and then the world.
What you will get to do
- Take on the critical responsibility of contacting and acquiring high quality hosts across regional markets in the United States, with a primary focus on outbound prospecting
- Be responsible for managing the beginning of the sales funnel. This means managing the inbound sales inbox at Hipcamp, answering questions from potential hosts and converting them into leads, generating interest tracking, and negotiating (i.e. new hosts and landowners who have awesome places to stay and land to camp)
- Introduce potential hosts to the benefits of Hipcamp and educate them on how they can make money from hosting Hipcampers
- You will be involved with the beginning of the sales cycle, including identifying opportunities, outreach, cold calling, drip email campaigns, educating, converting landowners into Hipcamp hosts, and passing them off to our Host Outreach team, Mckinzie & Cassandra
What skills we ask for
- You are a master relationship builder, you know sales is all about relationship building, so this should come naturally to you
- A goal-driven approach to your work
- You are a fast-learner
- You have outbound sales experience
- The ability to respond quickly to emails, calls and text messages
- The ability to handle objections turning a "no" into a "yes"
- A knack for organization
- Experience with and familiarity with sales CRMs
- A goal oriented and growth mindset
- You're a team player, and you have no problem passing leads over to your senior team members
Working at Hipcamp
- As a team, we're committed to striving toward and evolving these shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.