Hipcamp is looking for a strategic, insights-driven Analytics Manager to join our distributed team. The ideal candidate has 5+ years in Marketing and/or Product analytics, 2+ years in a management role, and has experience in a two-sided marketplace. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s Marketing mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the Role
In this role, you will shape and execute on the vision for the Analytics team at Hipcamp. You will be responsible for growing our team of analysts, defining our analytics infrastructure and toolset, and delivering strategic insights to the company. You’ll work to democratize data to everyone in the company to help them make faster, smarter decisions. You'll work closely with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver the insights and data that drive the growth engine of our business.
What Success Looks Like
- You build and grow your team of world-class analysts
- You deliver strategic insights and data that unlock opportunities for growth
- You democratize data across the company
- You partner with Engineering to create well-structured and easily accessible data
- You influence strategic direction with data
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment, and iterate quickly
- You are scrappy and maintain a strong bias towards action
- You do what it takes to go from 0-100
What Sets You Up For Success
- 2+ years in a management role and experience in hiring a team
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and other analytics languages
- Experience in creating key metrics in a two-sided marketplace
- Proficiency with rapid hypothesis-driven experimentation and analysis
- Experience defining tracking infrastructure requirements, ETLs, and tools
- Experience creating predictive models
- Bonus points for familiarity with python or other scripting language
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Passion for our mission
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.