Head of Finance & Business Operations
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the role:
Hipcamp is looking for a Head of Finance and Business Operations who is passionate about building and scaling early stage start-ups and leading them through rapid growth. You will be at the forefront of this, driving core finance, strategy and business decisions. You will report directly to our Founder & CEO, Alyssa Ravasio and will partner closely throughout the organization as a core leader in determining the strategy of Hipcamp for years to come. You will be managing our amazing Operations Associate to start, and over time we will be looking to you to build out your team. This role combines financial leadership, vision setting, execution, and people management—you’ll be operating as a key member of the company’s leadership team. These areas will develop and change further as the composition and size of our team changes.
Seasoned operator: and highly organized individual who can own and scale our Finance and Business Operations functions
Expert builder: of streamlined processes for day-to-day operations, and an expert at executing operations for company strategy and finance
Business background: (Bonus points if you have legal and compliance experience.)
Cultural ambassador: You’ll be building core processes that shape and grow Hipcamp for years to come, and you’ll do so in a way that’s inclusive, equitable, and upholds our values
Mission-driven: You are excited to join a mission-driven team that is deeply passionate and quickly growing to bring the appropriate amount of structure and process needed as we grow to the next level
What you'll get to do:
- Drive financial strategy of our rapidly growing marketplace
- Create and own company financial forecasts, communicate those to internal stakeholders
- Own bookkeeping, manage CPA, assist with tax preparation
- Manage unit economics and develop strategies for scaling
- Partner closely with our CEO on board meetings and fundraises
- Partner with our lawyers to approve contracts, HR and compliance documents
- Protect Hipcamp’s marketplace by overseeing the insurance policies that aid both our Hipcamp hosts, and our business
- Identify strategy, tools, and services for streamlining business processes; effectively roll out to appropriate teams
- Partner with Talent to create compensation models and headcount budget forecasts
- Manage our Operations Associate who oversees the day to day requirements of payroll and our overall benefits package
- Acquire and evaluate new benefits, and changes to existing benefits as the finance stakeholder
- Conduct in-depth analysis and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Assess business needs using critical thinking to reduce gaps and overlaps across process, tools, and people as we scale quickly
- Provide operational support during fundraising; create and manage due-diligence documents and databases
- Facilitate company business insurance policies and renewals
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.