San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Community
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book camping, glamping, and RV accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the Role
Hipcamp is looking for a Managing Editor to lead our daily content publishing process. We're looking for someone who is a highly motivated and organized content leader who lives and breathes content. In this role, you will define and drive marketing and editorial publishing for a fast-paced, mission-driven start-up. You will manage in-house and freelance resources and work cross-functionally with our product, customer support, and sales teams on projects that support our mission of getting more people outside.
What skills we ask for
- 4+ years of experience in a managing editor role or similar experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience planning and managing publishing operations
- Data-driven decision maker with an eye for metrics and continual measurement of progress toward goals
- Proven ability to recruit talent, plan assignments, oversee schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers, video creators etc.)
- Demonstrated experience managing an editorial calendar and ensuring that content meets deadlines and achieves business goals in a fast-paced environment
- Managing a budget and assigning articles, photography, and videography based on business impact
- Outstanding communication and people abilities, along with coaching and feedback skills
- Knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and content strategies such as SEO
- Results-driven and data-driven decision maker
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills based on impact
- Expertise at developing and ensuring brand voice
- Grace under pressure and great problem-solving skills
- Management of strategic content distribution and syndication partnerships with other companies and content publications is a plus!
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission St. close to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.