Support Program Manager
Customer Support /
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the role
Hipcamp is seeking a Support Program Manager to focus on maximizing the quality and efficiency of our in house Support Team and our external vendor partners. This role will focus on building out the reporting, processes, and programs to make this a reality, all while the community we support rapidly grows.
The ideal candidate will be strategic, data-driven, and have strong project management and writing skills. They should have experience running many interconnected projects with successful results. Some projects that will be an initial focus include revamping and running a support ticket QA program and optimizing our help center’s performance and content.
This person will become an expert in the Hipcamp product, processes, and policies. They will also work on support tickets for roughly 20% of their time to best understand the work they are focused on optimizing. They will own both our new-teammate training programs and our retraining programs. They will also keep our internal process documentation up to date.
What success looks like
- You’ll boost productivity of both our in-house and external vendor partner teams.
- You’ll lower the contact rate by investing in our help center content and other initiatives.
- You’ll have a pulse on how all of our different support topics are being handled and identify areas where additional training or process improvements are required to boost efficiency and our ticket QA achievement rate.
What sets you up for success
- You’re an expert in using Zendesk and know how to optimize an instance for a team’s specific needs.
- You have an aptitude for figuring out how to do more with less and would be excited to create the most efficient support experience possible for our community, all while constantly improving our NPS and CSAT rates.
- You have strong data skills and are able to pull, analyze, and report on project trends in an informative and actionable way.
- Metrics are your north star (customer satisfaction, contact rate, SLA achievement rate, etc) and you’re excited to execute projects to achieve business goals.
- You’ve run successful QA programs to boost CSAT and productivity for support teams.
- You have created high performing content for FAQs and understand help center metrics and how to influence them.
- You have a logical approach around goal oriented projects and are familiar with writing project briefs, creating Gantt charts, and collaborating with stakeholders.
- You are proficient in using Asana.
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.