San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the role
Hipcamp is looking for a multi-talented individual to join our team in San Francisco in the role of Founder’s Associate to support our Founder & CEO, Alyssa Ravasio. This is a unique opportunity for someone that wants to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing start-up and is excited by the idea of playing an important role in the early stages of our company’s journey. In this role you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and will have the opportunity to contribute widely. An ideal person for this role will be excited by the learning opportunity and exposure a role like this will provide — and a “whatever it takes attitude” when it comes to assistant-like tasks.
- Exceptional communicator: you care deeply about how you engage with people
- Humble and ready to learn: you have a “no task” is too small attitude when it comes to this role and understand there’s a spectrum of tasks that are involved with supporting our Founder & CEO
- Entrepreneurial mind: you see the value in the deep exposure you will get in this role by working closely with our Founder & CEO, Senior Executives, Board Members, and the broader team.
- Detail oriented: you have a grasp of numbers and comfortable designing presentations and carrying out research
- Growth Mindset: you can juggle multiple tasks at once and are invested in your personal and professional growth
- Fast Learner: you pay close attention to tech and new systems emerging and either already are in the tech scene or want to break into the tech scene
- Public speaking: you are comfortable engaging with and presenting to CEOs and Senior Execs
- Flexible: You are willing to travel and pivot quickly in your day to day
About your day to day
- Maintain Daily Contact with the CEO on all matters
- Coordinate daily calendar for the CEO
- Manage Personal Day to Day Needs for the CEO
- Respond promptly to CEO emails and calendar inquiries
- Plan appointments and events both personal and professional in nature
- Maintain extreme confidentiality at all times.
- Create regular reports and update internal databases
- Make travel arrangements
- Manage phone calls / emails / correspondences
- Attend meetings with the CEO taking notes, issuing follow-ups, and carrying out assigned tasks
- Act as the point of contact between executives, employees, and external vendors/clients
- Greet and facilitate onsite meetings for the CEO and for those working closely on projects with the CEO
- Facilitate internal and external communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations, meetings and activities)
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
What skills we ask for
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be creative while maintaining ability to multitask urgent priorities
- Ability to work independently and creatively
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Experience with preparing reports
- Understanding of project management systems
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission St. close to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.