Sr. Mobile Engineer (React Native) - (Remote)
Bay Area /
Hipcamp is looking for a Sr. Mobile Product Engineer to join our Camper Core Engineering team. The ideal candidate has full stack development experience, is fluent in React Native, and has 6+ years of experience developing mobile applications. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from anywhere in the US or Canada, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping, glamping, or RV’ing. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are deeply passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are proud of the impact Hipcamp makes by opening up access to nature, providing income to support the protection and stewardship of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
As an Engineering team, we believe programming is a practice like yoga or surfing. It is a skill that can be eternally improved, an art form so infinitely complex that it cannot be mastered. We encourage team members to continue learning and exploring their curiosities. We like to deploy features early and often, learning as much as we can in the process. The foundation of our blameless culture is trust in our engineers.
About the Role
In this role, you will help us build the best mobile app to get more people outside. You will be responsible for developing the core booking experience of our mobile app. You will also be responsible for architecting and driving the technical direction of our app, ensuring its robustness, performance, and scalability. Your expertise will play a crucial role in enhancing user experience, and driving innovation. Building a great product is a highly collaborative effort, so it’s important you are a team player with strong communication skills.
What success looks like:
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and design app architectures that support scalability, flexibility, and performance that meets our customers’ needs.
- You implement best practices for code organization, maintainability, and reusability.
- You build efficient and responsive UI components, ensuring a seamless user experience across different devices and platforms.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and optimize the app's speed and responsiveness.
- You raise the bar on quality, testing, and performance to ensure product reliability.
- You own outages and failures by participating in on-call with the rest of the team.
- You mentor and guide junior engineers, sharing knowledge and promoting continuous learning within the team.
- You foster an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment with your team and with stakeholders.
What sets you up for success:
- 6+ years of developing consumer-facing mobile applications at scale.
- Fluency in React Native, experience building REST APIs, and offline storage.
- Experience with React Navigation, Apollo client, and GraphQL.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team.
- A growth mindset and lifelong learner mentality.
About our Work Environment
Total compensation for every full-time role at Hipcamp includes competitive base salary, equity, and benefits. At Hipcamp, we leverage the complexity and scope of each role and its requirements, as well as, current market data to determine our compensation bands. As of this posting (subject to change), the estimated base salary for this role is $150,000 - $175,000 USD.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things. Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.