Visual Content Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Community
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are crazy passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Design, Marketing, and Success to maintain a high visual standard on all of Hipcamp’s social channels, to ensure Field Scout photographers are delivering beautiful imagery through thoughtful feedback and up-to-date photography style guides, and suggest new, creative ways to make all Hipcamp listings digitally shine. You will also help create visual content for the product, emails, blogs, and training guides, etc.
You will be a passionate advocate for creating an amazing visual experience for our community.
This role will report to Julie Murrell, Community Manager.
What you will get to do
- Manage the application process for our Field Scout photographer program.
- Curate, approve, and provide feedback on newly completed Field Scout trips.
- Moderate, engage and grow Hipcamp Field Scout Facebook Group.
- Provide photo and design support for the marketing team.
- Approve photos for marketing use.
- Create assets (stills, video, drawings) for social media, web, and other channels.
- Support Hipcamp’s social media presence by curating featured listings.
- Curate Hipcamp’s photography library.
- Combine creativity with data to inform strategy on which visual assets perform best.
- Work with the Head of Design to create and implement a style guide
What skills we ask for
- 3+ years of photography and design experience
- A keen eye for photography and a passion for design
- You are a well rounded creative who lives and breathes nature
- You’re a perfectionist who doesn’t consider the job complete until every aspect meets your visual standard
- You are self-motivated and pride yourself on delivering creative visual solutions to marketing problems.
- A keen eye for visual consistency, up-leveling the brand, creating a consistent visual brand
- You’ve got creative chops galore and are great at trusting your intuition, but also love using data to learn what works best.
- You’re highly organized and phenomenal at time management.
- You can easily stay on top of your daily tasks while taking on other projects from Design and Marketing, and you don’t need to be reminded of deadlines.
- You live and breathe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative programs.
- Experience with Slack, Trello, and Google apps.
- Confidence in, and passion for learning how to use new creative tools.
- Prior experience working collaboratively across teams.
- A track record of delivering consistently amazing results on tight deadlines and constrained resources.
- Worked autonomously prioritizing your own work based on company goals.
Working at Hipcamp
- As a team, we're committed to striving toward and evolving these shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
All applications must include
- A photography portfolio
- A design portfolio
- Links to any relevant past work
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.