Director of Marketing Operations
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About the Role
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add a Director of Marketing Operations who has built, operated, and scaled marketing technology stacks and retention marketing teams. This role will oversee the design and evolution of Hipcamp’s MarTech stack and will build a team of retention marketers responsible for bringing users back to Hipcamp and driving repeat purchases from marketing channels. The role is at the intersection of data, creativity, technology, implementation, and leadership.
What you'll get to do
- Define our Marketing technology stack across B2C & B2B funnels and drive enhancements for our CRM and marketing automation systems
- Work closely with Marketing, Supply, Product, and Engineering to enable precise revenue tracking and attribution for marketing and sales activities
- Oversee retention marketing campaigns (email, push, SMS, etc) and ensure best practices and flawless execution. Drive repeat bookings and bring traffic back to Hipcamp
- Work with marketing campaign owners to create repeatable and consistent analysis of KPIs and reporting on campaign outcomes via suite of marketing dashboards
- Oversee and help grow the marketing databases - ensure data quality, identify needs for data enrichment and cleansing, monitor synchronization between Marketing Automation, CRM, and in-house data warehouse
- Create and manage lead scoring program and hold regular reviews to solicit feedback for future improvements, develop the lead scoring roadmap, report on performance, and drive cross-functional agreements with Marketing and Supply leadership
- Collaborate with Finance and Product to build a marketing analytics frameworks that help understand the business and drive net new opportunities
- Provide training to marketing team members and stakeholders on lead flow process, CRM reporting, and Marketing dashboards
What skills we ask for
- 10+ years of Marketing Operations and retention marketing experience
- Power user level experience across multiple Marketing Automation and analytics technologies (ESPs, CRMs, business intelligence and analytics tools for dashboarding)
- Strong B2C marketing operations experience required. B2B experience a strong plus
- Familiarity with different data models, data warehouse architectures, and common data syncing processes.
- Bonus points for experience with DMPs & DSPs.
- Ability to effectively communicate a vision and project manage across internal groups of stakeholders and collaborators
- Experience managing email marketing managers or other retention marketing managers
- Copywriting and content marketing experience is a strong plus
- Marketplace experience a strong plus
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit) :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission St. closest to the Powell BART station
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.