San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Community
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are crazy passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
In this role, you will lead Hipcamp’s efforts to work with the media to share our story as widely as possible. You will create stories, generally featuring the true heroes of Hipcamp, our hosts, and present them to local, regional and national publications. You will experiment with creative strategies to maximize awareness of Hipcamp while also always maintaining a clear, consistent on brand narrative.
You will strategically position Hipcamp in the market and use press as a way to accomplish top level company goals. You will spearhead the effort to create a system to monitor Hipcamp in the press and track results. You will work closely with many leaders across the Hipcamp team to amplify the stories and voices of the Hipcamp community.
This role will report to Julie Murrell, Community Manager.
What you will get to do
- Create stories and pitch them to the press
- Reply to inbound press inquiries
- Track the success of outreach and iterate on your strategy using data
What skills we ask for
- 1+ years Press, PR or Media Relations experience
- Natural storytelling
- Excellent writing - you love getting people excited about a great story
- Excitement around leveraging the power of technology and data to make your outreach as effective as possible
- You can build systems just as well as well as you can craft a narrative
- Prior experience working autonomously to create and pitch your own stories
- The ability to measure and track results of your efforts and created strategies
- Prior experience working collaboratively across a company
Working at Hipcamp
- As a team, we're committed to striving toward and evolving these shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.