Growth Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
You can read through our full company values here, they include:
- Leave it better.
- Hold each other up.
- Diversity is strength.
- Practice self-care.
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth; and in this role, you will have the opportunity to join a team that respects each other, values empathetic leadership, cross-collaboration, and is wildly passionate about getting more people in more places outside.
About the Opportunity
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add a Growth Product Manager to our team who is obsessed with driving growth in a marketplace business.
In this role, you’ll work to discover, define, and execute towards features and initiatives that expand Hipcamp’s audience across a variety of channels to drive both supply and demand in the marketplace. We’re looking for an experienced growth leader with a track record for scaling acquisition and driving business growth in margin-enhancing, creative ways that delight customers. You’ll build strong relationships and become a champion for stakeholders, leading a cross-functional pod to develop and evolve features. Your work will shape the trajectory and growth of Hipcamp for years to come.
Hipcamp’s culture is built on a deep and genuine commitment to helping people connect with the planet. To accomplish this, we are committed to innovating at every level and are a product company at our core. To us, product doesn’t mean just hipcamp.com and mobile apps—it also means everything from how people discover us to the actual campsites and the on-the-ground experience people have. This is a chance to flex your big-picture thinking and lead growth initiatives that span online to offline, digital to physical, and bits to atoms.
You have been in Growth or User Acquisition roles before, ideally at a marketplace company. You are passionate about building and scaling early-stage start-ups through rapid growth. You are extremely data-driven and can extract key insights from mountains of information. You know that “product” spans the entire camper experience from the website to the campsite, and that growth doesn’t just happen online. You are excited to work in a strategic and holistic way on this unique challenge to create an incredibly high-quality experience for the Hipcamp community.
- Develop and execute on strategies that grow Hipcamp’s hosts and campers across SEM, Facebook and other paid acquisition channels
- Create, optimize, and iterate on user acquisition funnels where the ROI is highest
- Develop and iterate on Hipcamp’s value proposition in collaboration with stakeholders
- Extract key insights from data and use them develop growth tactics across Hipcamp’s diverse markets
- Help create the playbook for market expansion and execute against it
- Become an expert on scaling supply and demand in a healthy two-sided marketplace of hosts and campers with different needs
- Define success metrics and analyze performance, balancing quantitative and qualitative insights to drive decisions, experiment and iterate quickly
- Maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance
- Build consensus and work collaboratively with engineering, design, marketing, and other key stakeholders
- Growth competencies: You’ve worked as a Growth PM or equivalent for 2-5 years, and you’ve become an expert by constantly honing your craft.
- Analytical ability: You can break down open-ended problems, complex systems and move forward in the face of ambiguity.
- Marketing sense: You can speak in value propositions and know how to creatively inspire people to try the product.
- Technical aptitude: You know what it takes to build technical products and drive technical decisions with engineers across the full stack, from the presentation layer down to the data layer.
- Communication skills: Strong intuition for communication strategy — within teams, within the company, to campers, to hosts, and a myriad of other audiences.
- Cross-functional leadership: Experience leading teams to effectively ideate, validate, prioritize, build, ship, experiment, measure, and grow new products. You know how to work effectively with designers, analysts, engineers and business stakeholders.
- Product sense: Strong product sense with an ability to envision technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities.
- Ability to see around the corner: You can build products and features that will accelerate how quickly we can grow as a company.
- Passion for experience: You are driven to create the best experience possible for your community of customers, and know that you must listen to them to be able to do so.
About our Work Environment
Health is essential to happiness, and self-care is the foundation of success. We offer full health insurance, a monthly wellness stipend, and $1K annually in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine. It also increases your creativity, lowers your stress and makes you an overall more awesome human.
We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess. We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library, and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands. Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We love sunlight, succulents, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin sauce. We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.